Add, Remove & Manage Users
WatchGameFilm provides coaches, athletes, parents, administrators, and even referees and press with secure online access to team video, photos or documents. In order to access the team's media content, users must have a WatchGameFilm account and be added to the team as one of the following user roles (Administrator, Coach, Athlete, Parent, Referee or Press). There is no limit to the number of users a team may add.
The first user of a newly created team is the Owner. Upon creation of a team, this person is added to the User list as a Coach or Administrator and is designated the Team Owner. The Owner cannot be removed from the User list by anyone else on the team. You must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request Change of Ownership if someone else is taking over the team.
Once the Team Owner receives an email from WatchGameFilm notifying them that their team is ready to use and providing them with their log-in info, the Owner is then able to add additional users to their team.
Hard Coded Rules for User Authorization
- Only Administrators or Coaches can access Film Exchange, User Settings and Security Settings. These options are not available to any other user role.
- Only Administrators or Coaches can see the activity of everyone on the team (ex. History, Messages, etc.). Users of any other role only see their activity.
We suggest that an owner determine if they want to be an Administrator or Coach for the team. The roles are essentially the same, however, if you are truly not coaching the team, you may want to mark yourself as Administrator so that you do not receive all of the daily team communication between coaches and athletes.
Custom Rules for User Authorization
The WatchGameFilm platform allows Administrators and Coaches to now customize team access in many different areas. Features and services can be turned on and off based on user roles. Please review Team Security to learn more about customizing the security settings of your team.
Add New User
- To add a new user, from the main menu, navigate to Settings > Users
- The Team Users page will appear showing a list of all users for your team
- To add a user, click on the [ + ] Add New User button on the toolbar
- A pop-up dialog window will appear allowing you to enter all of the required information
- Upon savi, the user list will refresh showing the user has been added to your team
Note: The newly added user will receive an email from WatchGameFilm with a password and instructions on how to log into WatchGameFilm
- Important (Email Address): Correctly enter the user's valid Email Address. Please make sure to correctly spell the email address as WatchGameFilm will automatically send them an email invitation with password telling them that they have been added to your team and requesting that they log on using the info provided in the email.
- User Role: Select the proper security role for this user by reviewing the User Roles and Authorized Tasks table above.
- Expiration Date: You may also define an expiration date from your team for this user. This is beneficial if you want to give temporary access to a person or you want access to end on a certain date such as end of season. When the expiration date arrives, WatchGameFilm will automatically send an email to the Expired User letting them know that they have been removed from your team and suggesting they contact the Owner if they believe this was done by mistake.
- Automatic Team Invite: Once you add a user to your WatchGameFilm team, an automatic email is sent to them that includes a randomly generated password allowing them to log into your team.
- Unlimited Users: Since WatchGameFilm allows for an unlimited number of users on your team, we suggest that you add each person (Administrator, Coach, Athlete, Parent, etc.) with their own account (i.e. email address). This eliminates confusion of having multiple people work with film under the same account name and allows them to change their Profile Settings to their personal choices. It also allows you to correctly track the logins and team usage of each team member.
Modify Existing User
Coaches may change the User Role of an existing user as well as add or modify an Expiration Date for the user. However, Coaches cannot change the email address of a user nor change the name of the user. Email Address and Name are specific to the user and owned by the user. Also, it is important to note that the user may be part of multiple WatchGameFilm teams and modifying this specific user data in one team will affect all the teams that they are a part of.
To Edit an Existing User and change their role or expiration date, double-click on the user that you want to change or update. Modify their record and then click the Save button.
Change Email Address: If you need to change a user's email address, we suggest the following steps:
- First Remove the User from your team under their old email address
- Then add the user back to your team as a + New User using their new email address
- They will receive an invitation once again with a new password allowing them to log onto your team with their new email address
Remove Existing User
To remove or delete an existing user from your team, please do the following steps:
- First select the user what you want to remove from your team
- Click on the Remove User button [trash can icon] located on the toolbar
- A confirmation dialog will appear asking you to confirm that you want to remove this person
Once permanently removed, the user will receive an email notifying them that they are no longer part of the team
Resend User Invitation / Password
Sometimes a user's WatchGameFilm invitation ends up in their junk mail folder and they never see it or they received it but forgot their password. Coaches can resend the original user invitation to any user on the team.
To Resend an Invitation:
- Select the user that you want to resend the invite to by clicking on their record
- Click Resend Invite [mail icon] from the toolbar above the User List
- Confirm that you want to resend them an invitation
- The selected user will once again receive an email from WatchGameFilm with a password and instructions on how to log into WatchGameFilm
Additional Note: If a user has forgotten their password, they can simply do the following:
- Go to the WatchGameFilm login page (i.e. https://app.watchgamefilm.com)
- Click on the Reset Password link below the login window
- Doing so, will redirect them to the Forgot Password? page
- They can enter their email address and WatchGameFilm will send a password reset link to their email address allowing them to change their password and log in
Was this article helpful? If you still have questions or need more information, please click the Contact Us button in the page footer below.