Add New Film
Add video to your WatchGameFilm team in various ways:
- Upload video from local device
- Transfer video from a cloud service such as Google Drive
- Transfer film from an active Hudl Download link
Preparing to Upload or Transfer Film
WatchGameFilm accepts both film clips and full-length film for the upload or transfer process. Since most cameras create separate video files (clips) each time the camera starts and stops recording, the easiest method of upload is to upload the individual clips directly to us.
Some teams however decide to leave the camera running and start and stop the recording only at the end of play (for example a quarter, period, half or game). This results in very large clips in both file size and film length. When recording non-stop, teams will lose the ability to individually tag clips or plays so that users can filter the video to watch specific clips such as pass plays, defense, etc.
While WatchGameFilm does offer the ability to splice a video clip; it is intended to split a full-length game into halves or quarters as well as for players to splice out a highlight from a very large file. It is not practical in our design to splice a full-length game that is a single clip into dozens to hundreds of individual plays. Thus, we recommend that for best use of WatchGameFilm, teams upload their games as individual play clips so that their coaches and players can work with the film easier.
WatchGameFilm first requires you to create a film in order to upload video clips for that film. To create a film follow the steps below:
- Select Film > Add from the main menu
- Fill out the New Film form and click Create Film
- A new film and playlist is created in your WatchGameFilm team and you are now able to add video clips
Before adding video clips, we must first create a film record to associate the clips with. You must complete the following fields before you can upload film.
- Film Title: Provide the name of your film
- Film Date: The date of the event or activity
- Film Sound: Determine if you want to keep sound or remove it from your video. By default, sound is removed
- Film Type: Select if your film is a Game, Scout or Practice film or if it is a Training film or Other
- Camera Angle: Select the angle of the camera allowing you to switch camera angle views in WatchGameFilm 2XL
- Film Tags:
- Upload Speed: Select the speed of your Internet connection
- If you select Warp Speed Internet Connection, the upload data is sent in the largest network packets. This makes for a quicker upload, however, it is less stable as the handshakes between the client and server are further apart.
- Select Slow Internet Connection of your connection is not stable. Data is sent in smaller packets thus creating more handshakes between the client and the server. This increased chatter keeps a constant connection allowing all of the data to be transferred.
- Video Source: Select how you want to add video clips to this film:
When you have completed your New Film record, click the Create Film button to save your record and begin adding your video clips.
Was this article helpful? If you still have questions or need more information, please click the Contact Us button in the page footer below.