Exchange Receive Film (Inbox)
When another team sends you their film, it is delivered to your Exchange Inbox. The inbox is a temporary holding spot that allows you to properly categorize the film and place it into your playlist in a correct manner, similar to how you create a film for upload. Once the film is posted, it will be available to the rest of your team based on where you added it to your team.
Viewing the Exchange Inbox
You can access the Exchange Inbox by following these instructions:
- Select Film > Exchange Film > Exchange Inbox from the WatchGameFilm main menu
- The Exchange Inbox will immediately appear showing you any pending trades that need to be posted to your team
Posting a Film Listed in the Exchange Inbox
Unlike previous versions of WatchGameFilm, film received through an exchange is no longer automatically added to your film list. The newly received film is first listed in your Exchange Inbox so that you can properly categorize the film before adding it to your team. You may want to tie the film to an upcoming game as Scout Film or maybe it was your game but was filmed by your opponent, in which you would want to categorize it as a game in last week's event.
Posting a Film to your team from the Exchange Inbox is similar to how you would create a new film if you were uploading your own video.
- Select the film listed in your Exchange Inbox
- Select the Post to Team button in the top right corner of the page or simply double-click on the film that you want to post
- Once selected, a new window will appear asking you if you want to change the Film Name
- Select the Film Type and Event that you want to assign to this film
- If the correct Event is not listed for this Film, you will need for first create an Event or Library
- Once the Event is created, select it from the drop-down and click Post Film to Team
- A default playlist will automatically be generated for this new film and it will appear in your team based on the properties you set in this window
If successful, the window will return to your Exchange Inbox and the selected film should no longer show up in the inbox as it is now available in your film playlist tabs.
Was this article helpful? If you still have questions or need more information, please click the Contact Us button in the page footer below.