WatchGameFilm provides teams with playlists; which are data views of a film and its associated video clips. When we refer to a film and its clips, we are referring to the physical index and video files stored on our server. Playlists are data views that help you associate team data, i.e. our Tag-It! film breakdown, with your film. Different playlist columns will appear based on the sport type of playlist that is defined; football, volleyball, etc. Playlists also allow you to tie film to specific events as Game, Scout, Practice or Training film. Playlists can even be created using portions of multiple films that have similar characteristics; i.e. inside run or 2 x 2 formations. Playlists allow teams the flexibility to manage their physical films and video clips without actually duplicating physical clips on the server.
When you first create a film and upload the clips, a default playlist is named the same as the your film title and is accessed from the Film > Seasons main menu. The playlist includes pointers to all of the video clips that were uploaded for that particular film. Users are able to delete, move, update or copy playlists without affecting the underlying video files that are physically stored on the server.
Playlists contain the following properties:
- Title: The name for your playlist. This could be the name of the film (ex. Game 1 vs Cubs) or it could be the name of a playlist you built from multiple films (ex. All Inside Runs for Week 3). A complete or proper playlist title helps your team quickly search and find the film they wish to view.
- Type: The playlist type allows you to categorize the playlist into a predefined folder (Game, Scout, Practice or Training Library) on the select film playlist pages.
- Event: The playlist event defines what activity this playlist is tied to. In the select film playlist pages, your playlist will appear grouped under specific events.
- View: The playlist view defines which data columns ( i.e. our Tag-It! film breakdown) are shown in the view film page below the video player. You are able to select a pre-defined view for each playlist created. Thus, a safety video might use our Miscellaneous view a football film might use the Football view.
On the playlist selection pages and also the view film page, user roles with appropriate security are allowed to manage playlists.
- Edit Properties: You can modify your playlist by accessing the Edit Properties menu located on the top right of playlist selection pages and also under the video player on the view film page. This menu opens the playlist property page allowing you to change the properties of the playlist; i.e. rename it, tie it to another event, change the group folder (Game, Scout, etc.) as well as change the playlist view. Please see the image above for more detail.
- Delete Playlist: You can delete a playlist and remove the entry from the playlist selection pages. Deleting a playlist will NOT physically delete the film and video clips from the server. This soft delete allows you to create a new playlist for the film at a later time. Delete a playlist by accessing the menu located on the top right of playlist selection pages and also under the video player on the view film page. You will be asked to confirm that you want to delete the playlist.
- Import / Export Playlist: Users can also import and export the playlist to and from Microsoft Excel. This feature is coming soon and more information about import / export playlists will be in separate help document.
Was this article helpful? If you still have questions or need more information, please click the Contact Us button in the page footer below.