Open Exchange Send
Send Open Exchange Overview
WatchGameFilm.com provides a simple and open way of exchanging film with opponents who may be using a different film management system such as Hudl. We see many teams use Open Exchange when they get to the playoffs and are trading film with teams they normally do not know. Open Exchange allows a coach to give another coach access to a film without requiring that coach to log on or use WatchGameFilm. At the same time, Open Exchange allows a coach to give another coach access to upload their film to his or her team so that they can properly receive game film from the coach who is outside of WatchGameFilm.com.
With Open Exchange you are in control and have the power to decide how you want to exchange film. Since Open Exchange is 2 separate parts (Send and Receive), you may want to first receive their film before you send them your film. Regardless of how you want the trade to go down, please follow this guide when you want to send a film to another person who is NOT using WatchGameFilm. Please contact us if you need assistance in completing an Open Exchange with another coach outside of WatchGameFilm.
Send Open Exchange Instructions
Follow these instructions to give your opponent access to a specific film without giving them access to your team:
- Select Exchange from the WatchGameFilm main menu the select the Open drop-down menu.
- Select the Send Open Exchange menu item from the Open menu
- Select the film from your film list that you wish to send to someone NOT using WatchGameFilm (see 1st image above)
- A new page will then appear allowing you to modify your film information and specify who to send the film to (see 2nd image below)
- Once you are ready, hit the Send Film to Recipient button to deliver your film to him
- An automated email will be sent to the Recipient that will contain film instructions and the download link for the video. You will be cc'd on this email as well.
Important! Please note that you cannot retract this email or film download link once it is sent. You will need to delete the playlist from your team in order to inactivate the download link.
What if I need to Send to Multiple Recipients?
You will automatically be cc'd on the email that is sent to the recipient. Send Open Exchange is designed to send to only ONE recipient at a time. If you need to send to multiple recipients, we suggest that you do this with WatchGameFilm submitting the film for each recipient. If this is too much hassle, you could copy the Download URL from the Send Open Exchange page and write your own email in your email client application and send from there. Note that if you send an email outside of WatchGameFilm, you will NOT have a record in the exchange transaction log however.
Exchange Log shows Open Exchange Activity
WatchGameFiilm keeps a record of your Open Exchange transactions. Just click on the Exchange > Exchange Log menu item to see which films were sent using Open Exchange. You can also view the Team Activity Report for more details on who the film was sent to.
Was this article helpful? If you still have questions or need more information, please click the Contact Us button in the page footer below.