To better organize practices, communicate plans and schedules as well as improve efficiency, we have created the Practice Plans application. This app is meant to be simple, flexible and most of all useful. There is very little complexity to its design. The Practice Plans app collects all of your practice plans into a single spot so that your coaches and others with approved access can view all practice plans. Assistant coaches and staff will now arrive at practice more prepared since they can view today's practice plan in advance.
- Create a new plan for each day of practice
- Review and reuse old plans for upcoming practices
- Add notes post-practice so that you have a historical record of progress
- Allow your staff to review and print your practice plan before they step on the practice field
- Upload your own XLSX document and use as the default template
- To begin using Practice Plans, simply navigate to the date you want to create a plan for.
- Once on the correct date, click the [ + ] Add button to the right of the calendar buttons and a new plan will be created and saved for this date.
- The plan is created based off of the team's practice plan template. By default we have included a WatchGameFilm default template.
- Enter your practice details into the plan and then click the [ ✓ ] Save button to save your changes to the plan.
- Note that only one practice plan can be created for a specific day. To add create another practice plan, select a different day and then click the Add button.
- To delete a practice plan, navigate to the correct day and click the "trash can" or Delete button to the right of the Add and Save buttons.
Edit Existing Template
If you would like to slightly change the existing default practice template for your team, click on the kebab menu (3 dots) located to the right of the other Practice Plans buttons and select Edit Template. You will then see the default practice plan template appear. Modify the document as desired and click the [ ✓ ] Save button to save your changes to the default template. Once all of your changes have been saved, click the Close Template button to go back to the Practice Plans main screen. The next time you create a new practice plan, your newly updated default template will appear.
Upload Custom Template
If you would like to completely change the existing default practice template for your team and you have a document ready to use, click on the kebab menu (3 dots) located to the right of the other Practice Plans buttons and select Upload Template. The file you select to upload must be an Excel file an have the .XLSX file extension. Upload your document and it will replace the existing default template and will now be your new default template going forward. The next time you create a new practice plan, your newly uploaded template will appear.
View Practice Plan Template Library
We have included some sample practice plan templates for you to freely use as your default team template. Click on the kebab menu (3 dots) located to the right of the other Practice Plans buttons and select View Library. A pop-up window will appear showing you a list of practice plan templates to choose from. Double-click on a template to see what it looks like in our viewer. Click the Use Template button to replace the existing default template with the selected one from the Practice Plan Template Library. The next time you create a new practice plan, your newly uploaded template will appear.
Refer to Settings > Security to see which roles can View practice plans and which roles can Manage practice plans. By default Coaches and Administrators can Manage practice plans while Coaches, Administrators, Athletes and Parents can View practice plans.
Was this article helpful? If you still have questions or need more information, please click the Contact Us button in the page footer below.